Central Coast RDA Centre
Year of Commencement – 1979
Off Kangoo Rd SOMERSBY
Phone 4340 0388
The Cental Coast Centre commenced activities in 1979 and was established in the grounds of the Juvenile Justice Centre at Mt Panang in 1980. Facilities at the time were basic and much depended on the weather!
We now cater for 120 riders during the school terms and operate 6 days a week.
Central Coast RDA supports many ponies and horses and is dependant on public support for everything that is needed to provide the service for people with disabilities.
We relocated to our covered arena, adjacent to the Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre and Mt Panang Parklands, in 2000 allowing us all weather and all year horse riding therapy for our riders.
This facility was built with the generous support of :
- Federal Government via Centenary of Federation
- NSW State Government Department of Sport and Recreation
- NSW Juvenile Justice Department
- Central Coast Radio 2GO ( Give ME 5 For Kids)
- Department of Urban Affairs and Planning
- Festival Development Corporation
- Together with the support of Gosford City Council, local service clubs, local trades people and the generosity of the public.
Days of Operation
6 Days per week during School Terms
PO Box 301 Gosford 2250